The best Vibram shoes for Parkinson’s patients feature a dual-density outsole to provide extra support and stability. The disease causes loss of balance and movement coordination, which can lead to an emergency fall.
What are the best Vibram shoes for Parkinson’s patients
check Price on amazon
Furthermore, Parkinson’s patients’ shoes with trembling and shaking legs must feature a mid-foot strike zone to boost stride efficiency and restore compromised balance and posture.
In addition, because Parkinson’s illness induces rhythmic and involuntary leg motions, footwear for Parkinson’s patients should have a non-stretch upper. It should be 100 percent seamless to provide additional comfort by neutralizing pressure, shock, and impact in both men and women.
With the characteristics described above, Vibram is, without a doubt, one brand that comes to mind. They have shoes in their inventory that include these qualities and more. So, to save you the hard time, we’ve compiled a list of the best Vibram shoes for Parkinson’s patients.
What is Parkinson’s disease?
Parkinson’s disease is a nervous system ailment that produces tremors, difficulty walking, and speech difficulties. The depletion of dopamine in the brain can produce the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that helps you manage your body’s muscle movements.
Parkinson’s disease strikes around 60% of people before they reach the age of 50. Stiffness, restlessness at night, and stiff muscles are further signs of Parkinson’s disease. Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a progressive neurological disease that affects nerve cells in the brain, resulting in tremors, shakiness, slowness of movement, and rigidity of limbs or trunks.
Other signs include despair, anxiety, mood fluctuations, and cognitive issues like memory loss. Symptoms start on one side of the face and then extend to the other as time goes on. For example, if you have problems swallowing food or drinks properly, you may experience drooling due to your inability to manage saliva or phlegm piling up quickly.
Vibram Shoes for Parkinson’s Patients
1. Vibram Men’s Five Fingers V-Aqua Water Shoe
- Silicone prints inside the shoe for a secure fit.
- Megagrip Vibram Rubber
- Machine Wash Cold / Air Dry
The V-Aqua is a light and flexible foot aid ideal for situations where going completely barefoot isn’t an option. The shoe’s snug fit, lightweight construction, and perforations in the extremely durable Megagrip Sole allow water to flow quickly through the shoe, allowing it to dry quickly.
It also improves the flexibility of your feet’s natural movement and gives them a barefoot feel. It also has a five-finger build-up design, with each toe going into its slot, ensuring a firm grip and a secure fit that allows you to move freely. In addition, this footwear is machine washable and air-dried for quick-drying.
Internal slippage is reduced thanks to a more recognizable Silicone print within the lining. In addition, the V-Aqua Sole Vibram Megagrip provides an amazing grip on dry and wet surfaces while remaining extremely durable. Megagrip was created for users who frequently encounter slippery surfaces and provides an unrivaled combination of grip and endurance.
- Features a long-lasting Megagrip outsole with drainage pores for improved performance
- Silicon-treated EVA insole and lining for support and solid fit
- It has good traction on wet and dry surfaces
- Superior grip with long-term durability
- Has an ideal mix of stability and flexibility for ground adaptability
- It provides little to no arch support
2. Vibram Men’s V-Trek Hiking Shoe
- 50/50 wool / synthetic blend upper
- Mid-cut profile with traditional lacing system
- Polyurethane midsole with a bit of added thickness...
- Megagrip outsole provides the premium outdoor...
- 4 mm lugs
These high-quality shoes are well-built and cushioned, with unique characteristics that can help relieve stress on the knees of Parkinson’s patients. The flexible outsole provides the superior outdoor formula for grip in both wet and dry circumstances; the 50/50 blended wool and synthetic upper material help to increase breathability and prevent odor.
They provide maximum comfort to your feet even when worn without socks; however, you can use light socks for enhanced comfort. Also, unlike other Vibram shoes with a velcro clasp, this pair has a lace-up closure system with sporty laces fashioned like those on sneakers for advanced fit modification.
In addition, these minimalistic shoes have a higher ankle design to prevent debris from getting into your feet and hold them up properly.
Its sole is constructed of rubber and features Megagrip technology, which hugs your feet and keeps them firmly in place you walk around the house or on hard surfaces. It’s also designed to provide your foot with a comfortable ground feel and additional protection, even on the roughest terrain.
- Outsole with Megagrip for maximum traction on a range of surfaces
- The outside upper is a blend of wool and synthetic for increased stretch and comfort
- It is machine washable at a low temperature and air-dried
- Long-lasting footwear with a perfect fit and keeps your heel in place as you walk or stand
- It runs big in terms of fitting
3. Vibram Five Fingers Men’s V-Alpha Hiking Shoe
- 50/50 wool and synthetic upper material
- Slip on style with adjustable bungee stretch laces
- A protective shoe that also allows for ground...
- 2 mm EVA foam insole for added comfort
- 3.7 mm Megagrip Outsole
The Vibram Five Fingers V-Alpha Shoe is a minimalistic outdoor shoe with a comfortable snug fit and proper drainage of water and sweat. It also provides a barefoot and soft sensation, excellent ankle support, and sufficient breadth to allow your feet to rest and move freely, making it ideal for anyone with wide or flat feet.
It also includes a breathable upper composed of 50 percent polyester and 50 percent wool fibers, which keeps it from smelling bad. The upper is also equipped with an internal antibacterial lining and a well-made insole to provide additional comfort to your feet.
Furthermore, its durable rubber sole holds your feet securely on both wet and dry surfaces while enhancing your feet’ natural movement. Avoid putting on thick socks with this footwear because they will make it incredibly uncomfortable for you.
- It has a 2 mm foam insole for additional comfort
- Improved breathability and odor control thanks to a 50/50 wool and synthetic upper composition.
- Superior grip with long-term durability
- Long-lasting slip-resistant shoe
- machine-washable footwear
- It runs small in terms of fitting, so you should get a size bigger
4. Vibram Five Fingers Women’s V-Soul Shoe
- Lightweight, shiny polyester upper
- Slip on style with adjustable hook and loop strap
- Wool poly sockliner with 2mm PU foam cushion
- 3 mm XS Trek rubber compound outsole for excellent...
- Best uses for this shoe are functional fitness,...
The Vibram Five Fingers Women’s V-Soul Shoe is a fantastic and highly comfortable shoe that allows your foot to move freely. It gives them a barefoot feel that lets women forget they’re wearing shoes.
This shoe is made of polyester, light in weight, and provides appropriate protection when you lose your footing or step on something hard. Furthermore, these minimalistic shoes fit like a glove, offering a double velcro strap closing system for fit modification and keeping your heel in place.
Its upper is well-ventilated and breathable, allowing optimal air circulation and preventing sweat or moisture from gathering on your feet. In addition, the Vibram rubber sole provides excellent traction and may be worn in the house and outdoors.
- The Vibram rubber sole ensures a solid hold of the footwear on your feet
- The breathable upper allows for ventilation and breathability
- The breathable upper prevents sweat or moisture from gathering on your feet
- It features a double Velcro strap for a secure fit
- The short Velcro strap closing method makes it difficult to clip together.
5. Vibram FiveFingers Men’s V-Train 2.0
- Good level of ground feel and protection with good...
- Upper construction specifically designed for heavy...
- Distinctive rope traction lugs in the arch.
- Updated panel lacing system with a hook+loop...
- THE PERFECT TOOL FOR SERIOUS TRAINERS AND...
The Vibram Five Fingers Men’s 2.0 V-Train Shoe provides your feet with excellent stability and balance with each step. In addition, the gentle massage that the footwear provides when worn helps make walking a pleasant and stress-free experience.
This footwear has a snug fit, provides maximum comfort for your feet, and gives your feet a barefoot feel. Even if you have flat feet with little or no arch, the comfort provided by this footwear is maintained. Its round and traction lugs have a well-built, sturdy, and durable top that provides excellent foot protection and arch support.
Thanks to Ultra GO cushioning technology, it’s well-cushioned, which hugs your feet snugly, and has a spacious interior that allows your toes to move around freely. In addition, it has an inbuilt sock-like lining and XS Trek Rubber Design for top-performance, enhanced flexibility, and responsiveness of your feet.
The American Podiatric Medical Association has authorized this footwear for use in improving overall foot health. It is constructed with lace and hook-and-loop closing methods for fit modification and optimum foot placement.
- Its dual-density sole has a barefoot sensation, shock absorption, traction, and slip resistance
- It features a non-marking build-up so that you can wear it both indoors and out
- It is waterproof and dries quickly when washed by hand or in a washing machine
- It is true to size and long-lasting
- Engineered for comfort and stability
- It has a snug fit, so you may want to order a size up
Buyer’s Guide for Vibram Shoes for Parkinson’s Patients
You may still participate in your favorite activities if you wear the correct shoes. Although Parkinson’s disease impairs a person’s mobility and balance, it does not prevent them from remaining active. We’ll go over what to look for while buying new shoes in this article.
1. Shock Absorption
The ability to absorb shock is a feature to look for in the best shoes for Parkinson’s patients. Parkinson’s disease patients are at risk of falling every time they take a step if their shoes do not have enough cushioning.
Because Parkinson’s stiffens your ankles and feet, adding more weight to it through your footwear is a terrible decision and will further slow your mobility.
3. The shoe must have a barefoot feel
After ensuring that your shoe is lightweight, you must also ensure that it gives your feet a barefoot feel. It will help you forget you’re wearing shoes while also offering a comfortable feel.
4. Lace-up Closure System
These walks should be done with footwear with either a lace-up closure system, a velcro lace-up closure system, or both. It ensures that you can modify the fit and keep your feet in place while walking, saving you from falling.
5. Support and Stability
These qualities will be critical in supporting your feet throughout this procedure if you plan to participate in motion or balance activities.
6. Comfortable and secure shoe
Because one of Parkinson’s disease symptoms is shaking, you’ll need a solid shoe to keep you balanced and on your feet, preventing you from falling and injuring yourself.
7. Durable Sole that protects your feet
Soles are crucial as they assist in properly holding your feet up, protect your feet from rocks, metals, and glassware when walking, and provide enough traction. You should also make sure they’re anti-slip and adaptable to diverse surfaces.
8. Maximum Traction
When wearing them inside and outside, search for optimum traction because slick surfaces can cause even the most stable person to stumble when suffering from Parkinson’s disease. It may take some time to locate anything suitable; nevertheless, once you’ve found something that works well for you, don’t let go!
9. Personalized Fit
Another tip about footwear is to make sure that both feet are treated while getting new shoes. After all, having one shoe that isn’t the same as the other will bring even more problems, such as blisters or irritation on top of already existing balance concerns. In addition, it isn’t something anyone wants hanging about while doing daily duties!
Another important issue to think about is the cost. When it comes to shoes, it’s easy to get carried away because we consider how nice they seem rather than their real purpose. The most costly pair may cost up to $300, but such shoes endure for many years and prevent any mishaps, making them a worthwhile health investment!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. What makes it easier for Parkinson’s patients to walk?
Parkinson’s patients can benefit from a good pair of shoes. Flexibility, cushioning, and stability are the most important aspects of a good walking shoe. In addition, some shoes for people with Parkinson’s disease have more flexible soles to make walking easier for those who require ankle support.
2. What should patients with Parkinson’s disease avoid?
Shoes having a lot of extra features, such as buckles or zippers, should be avoided by Parkinson’s patients. It is because it makes it more difficult for Parkinson’s patients to put on and take off their shoes without assistance.
Overly heavy shoes should be avoided by Parkinson’s patients, as they might cause balance and walking issues. Patients with Parkinson’s disease should also wear comfortable socks because thick-cushioned or tight socks can influence their stride.
3. Is Parkinson’s disease affecting your feet?
Yes, Parkinson’s patients sometimes have problems with their feet. It can make it difficult to walk and balance. Parkinson’s disease can also compromise balance. Tremors or trembling, slowness of movement, stiffness, rigidity in muscles/limbs, loss of balance, and coordination issues are some of the symptoms.