If you have the “pigeon foot” condition as an adult, you will need to wear special orthopedic shoes for Metatarsus Adductus. These shoes have different pain relief, support, cushioning, and comfort features. If you have been looking for these shoes, we share the best Metatarsus Adductus shoes for adults you can buy now. But first;
What is Metatarsus Addiuctus?
Metatarsus Adductus, also called MTA, is a foot condition that results in the foot’s metatarsal bones turning inwards towards the middle of the body. In appearance, this condition is a deformity, and it may result in some loss of balance when walking or running.
Metatarsus Adductus is fairly common in small children, and it often resolves without any medication. However, this deformity might not resolve completely, which would mean an adult with Metatarsus Adductus will need to wear specially designed shoes to correct the foot positioning and provide balance.
The best Metatarsus Adductus shoes have, among other features, a proprietary injection-molded midsole and outsole, so it provides ample cushioning and support. In addition, the outsole has to be very flexible to facilitate easy landing and takeoff, and a sturdy heel counter to lock in a good fit.
So, let us discover the best Metatarsus Adductus shoes for adults today. Read on also to learn the factors that should influence your purchase. Let’s jump right in:
1. United Ortho Short Air Cam Walker
- BEFORE PURCHASING please view our sizing chart...
- USER GUIDE included in each boot for proper...
- PROMOTES NATURAL WALKING with rocker sole and...
- STURDY plastic molded uprights with steel...
- CAM WALKER BOOT can be used for acute ankle...
This United Ortho shoe is ideal for adults with Metatarsus Adductus and other foot injuries, especially where you wear a cast or bandage. The breathable upper comes with a hook and loop closure to get the best fit for your foot. The closure will help you find a proper foot and body alignment for better comfort and gait for MTA.
The shoe comes with a rocker sole plus a carefully designed insole for the best shock absorption. The black orthopedic sandals are available in different sizes, from small to large, and have an open toe box to guarantee better toe movement.
The best shoes for various foot problems can be worn on the right or left foot and comes at an affordable price under $50. In addition, it is suitable for a child’s foot, women, and men.
- Ideal for bigger children, women, and men
- Best shoes for Metatarsus Adductus and other surgical problems
- Available in different sizes for wide and narrow feet
- Easy to fit and put on
- Ideal for pain relief
- Exceptional shock absorption for better movement and to prevent ankle sprain
- Made with cheap plastic material, thus not very durable
- Not sold as a pair
2. Vive Post Op Shoe
The Vive Post-Op shoe is great when correcting your gait from Metatarsus Adductus surgery or any other surgery or injury. The ortho shoe comes with a wide toe box to protect your toes, and the sandal design also ensures exceptional breathability.
The shoe is ideal for both feet and comes in different sizes for both men ad women. It also comes with a rigid rocker sole that provides exceptional cushioning for pain and pressure relief from the forefoot, ankles, and heel area. The MTA shoe also features a rubber outsole with non-skid treads for balance.
The upper design features hook and loop closure so you can find the best fit. In addition, it is a single adjustable shoe for Metatarsus Adductus and other foot ailments.
- Ideal for both feet
- The ortho shoe is available in different sizes for men and women
- It comes with a square toe design to provide extra room for bandages or casts
- Easy to wear and fit
- Lightweight shoes
- It comes with a reliable tread pattern for good grip
- Ideal for Metatarsus Adductus and Plantar fasciitis, among other conditions
- Not sold as a pair, so you have to buy two to treat Metatarsus Adductus
3. ProCare Squared Toe Post-Op Shoe
- Allows the dressing to be kept clean and toes dry,...
- Square toe design acts as a bumper and provides...
- Features high ankle strapping that maintains your...
- A rigid rocker sole allows for ease of ambulation...
- Universal fit allows the ProCare Squared Toe...
If you need the best shoes for Metatarsus Adductus, the ProCare Squared toe Post Op shoe is great. This shoe comes with ample cushioning, breathability, and comfort and will easily restore foot health even after surgery or injury.
The upper comes with a sturdy material that tightly hugs your foot to correct the flat feet condition. Then, the ankle area is sturdy, which offers enough support to prevent pain or strain.
The square toe design is a great bumper for preventing toe injuries, but it also guarantees comfortable takeoff when walking or running. The breathable mesh upper and a hook and loop closure provide the best comfort. Finally, the rigid rocker sole will absorb shock and offer enough grip on all surfaces.
- Universal fit for left and right feet
- Square toe design for protection and extra toe room
- It comes with breathable mesh uppers
- Sturdy ankle collar for support
- Rocker soles for the best ambulation
- It comes in different sizes for adults
- Not sold as a pair
4. HOKA ONE ONE Mens Bondi 6 Running Shoe
Are you looking for the best Metatarsus Adductus shoes for adults that meet fashion requirements? Look no further than these Hoka One One Bondi 6 running shoes for men. For starters, these come in pairs, unlike our options above. Therefore, they are great and comfortable shoes to wear outdoors, especially in athletic environments.
According to Hoka One One, these are the most cushioned shoes in the lineup, with an EVA midsole plus a removable insole. Furthermore, the shoes come with a rocker outsole, thus great for runners with pigeon foot condition. In addition, the shoes come with a beveled heel that increases durability and eases takeoff.
The shoes come with lightweight rubber outsoles with a rugged tread pattern for excellent traction. They come in different colors and sizes for both men and women. Additionally, the breathable mesh upper will keep your feet comfortable, while the lace-up design also ensures you get the best fit to correct your metatarsal muscles.
- Best sports shoes for Metatarsus Adductus
- It comes with breathable uppers for comfort
- Sturdy heel counter and ankle collar to provide ankle support
- Available in different sizes and colors
- They have exceptional cushioning to absorb shock and relieve strain
- It comes with removable insoles and rocker outsoles
- The lace-up design allows you to lock it into the best fit
- Quite expensive
5. BRACEABILITY Orthowedge Forefoot Off-Loading Healing Shoe
- BEFORE YOU BUY view our sizing chart (the 2nd...
- Designed for individuals healing from a broken...
- Protects your forefoot and toes with its 15-degree...
- Square-toe design is spacious for comfort and acts...
- Soft, durable material is breathable for all-day...
The Braceability ortho wedge is the perfect shoe to wear post-operation for MTA and diabetic foot ulcer. This shoe comes with the perfect 15-degree Dorsi-angle bottom design for Metatarsal Adductus as it helps you distribute most bodyweight to the heel rather than the forefoot. It is also ideal for both feet and can be worn by all adults.
The balance shoes have a spacious square-toe design to prevent injuries and provide extra room for bandages or casts when necessary. It also comes with adjustable straps to help you find the best fit for your MTA. Finally, a memory foam insole provides extra comfort and heel support for fast recovery.
- Best Metatarsus Adductus shoes for adults with other surgical or injury problems
- It comes with adjustable medical-grade straps for finding the best fit
- Features a 15-degree Dorsi-angle bottom design for foot comfort
- It comes with a memory foam insole for added comfort and supportUniversal fit
- Wide toe box for wide feet
- Not sold as a pair
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Metatarsus Adductus Shoes for Adults
Though Metatarsus Adductus, also called pigeon toes, is more common in children under eight years, it is possible to carry the foot condition into adulthood. If you do, you will need special orthopedic shoes to correct your gait and improve comfort. Here are the main factors you will need to consider when getting MTA shoes.
a) Sturdy last
When buying shoes for Metatarsus Adductus, ensure you get those with a sturdy last to prevent aggravating the condition. It is also advisable to avoid shoes with a curved last as they will not correct your gait or offer the necessary support.
b) Rocker soles
When buying an orthopedic shoe, you will likely come across the term rigid rocker sole. This sole is thicker than normal soles and is designed as such to ease ambulation. When you have the Metatarsus Adductus condition, you want to limit strain on the metatarsal muscles, so a rocker sole will help you land softly.
Rocker soles are ideal when you want extra cushioning. Luckily, this cushioning also reduces landing force so that you feel more comfortable walking. If you are unsure whether your perfect shoes have rocker soles, look f0r those with proprietary injection-molded memory retention soles.
c) A sturdy outsole
A good shoe for Metatarsus Adductus support needs to offer exceptional arch support, and part of that comes from a substantial outsole. Therefore, when buying a shoe, look for one with a flexible outsole but one that does not bend all the way when you apply some pressure.
Having the right amount of flexibility is crucial since you do not want to bend your toes too much when taking off, as that could aggravate your foot problems. In addition, you need a gippy, rubber outsole to guarantee less strain while walking on different surfaces.
d) Shoe size
Every time you buy a new pair of shoes, it is best always to ensure you buy the right shoe size. This rule is even more strict when getting a shoe that supports your foot deformity. With this condition, you want to find your custom size, so;
Measure your foot’s length when standing. First, make sure to capture the whole length, from the longest toe to the back of your heel. Then, take measurements of your foot’s width. It is vital to measure the width as it will mostly determine whether you have the Metatarsus Adductus foot condition.
You can now continue to choose between different shoes. Often, these shoes will come in different sizes ranging from small to large or extra-large. When you get the length and width right, you don’t necessarily need to worry about the uppers since they are mostly adjustable. However, in the case of a closed shoe, you need to go for a breathable mesh upper for added comfort.
e) Firm heel counter
Due to this foot deformity, you will need a sturdy heel counter that helps you get the best fit for your feet. A sturdy heel counter also improves support around your ankles and heel area so you will not strain when running or exercising.
When buying shoes for Metatarsus Adductus, avoid buying shoes with a soft heel counter that gives in when you apply some pressure with your hands. Instead, look for a firm heel counter that does not budge when you try to pinch it. When you wear these shoes, the extra ankle support will help align your gait and reduce pressure in your feet muscles.
Frequently Asked Questions About Metatarsus Adductus Shoes for Adults
a) Can special shoes for Metatarsus Adductus help?
Yes, these special ortho shoes can help you correct your gait by reducing pressure on the metatarsal muscles on your feet.
b) Which are the best shoes for MTA?
It is important to look for arch supports, cushioning, and pain relief features such as rocker soles, breathable uppers, sturdy heel counters, and ankle collars when buying the shoes.
c) What causes Metatarsus Adductus in Adults?
Metatarsus Adductus starts manifesting in small children. It is a foot deformity where the foot looks excessively curved inwards and can lead to muscle fatigue in extreme cases. However, you can correct this condition in a child’s feet by wearing casts and special ortho shoes.
In some cases, the condition can continue into adult age, where you’d need to perform different exercises, casting, or in rare cases, surgery. However, if your case is not overcomplicated, you can try to correct it with the best shoes, such as those shared above.
It is also vital to wear lightweight shoes since they eliminate stress and fatigue in various parts of your foot.