Saucony is a leading sports shoe manufacturer and one of the best brands to get quality running shoes from. The best Saucony running shoes guarantee impact absorption, flexibility, and speed.
When buying running shoes, some of the best features to look for are stability, traction, and getting the right size. In addition to these features, you also need to understand what type of running shoes to get.
Saucony classifies the running shoes according to the types of runs to perform in them, e.g., trail, track, and special pronation models.
If you need to buy your best running shoe from Saucony, we share with you five top pairs for both men and women you can buy today for different runs. In addition, we will also share a few tips to observe when buying a running shoe, especially in regards to your pronation, distance to cover, and more.
1. Saucony Endorphin Shift All Day Running Shoes
- Take the stress off of your feet and give your...
- Predecessor: Endorphin Speed.
- Cushioning: Plush; PWRRUN cushioning provides a...
- Surface: Road / Training.
- Heel Stack Height: 38mm.
- Let the good times roll- The SPEEDROLL an...
- Structured for comfort- FORMFIT surrounds feet...
If you need a pair of running shoes for speed, comfort, and breathability, this Saucony Endorphin Shift for both men and women is your ideal buy. Not only is the shoe lightweight for sprints, but it is also colorful and fashionable for any trail or track.
The shoes come with breathable uppers made with an engineered sandwich-mesh and in a lace-up design so you can lock up the perfect fit. In addition, the upper comes with sturdy overlays plus a strong heel counter for support and stability.
The midsole is filled with soft and flexible EVA-based PWRRUN cushioning so you can enjoy the best springy ride. Also, the midsole makes the shoe suitable for different pronations. The rubber outsole also comes with reinforced high-abrasion zones to provide the best traction, support, and durability.
When looking for your best Saucony running shoes, your type of exercise inspires your buying. For instance, while this Endorphin Shift is an all-day running shoe, it can help you increase your running speed with the Speedroll technology at the toe area, allowing easier and faster transition with each stride.
The running shoes are available in different true-to-fit sizes, plus ideal sizes for runners with wider feet. They are best when you look for speed and successful recovery runs.
- Best running shoes for speed
- Available in true to fit sizes and different colors for men and women
- Comes with breathable uppers
- Ideal for people with wider feet
- Comes with ample cushioning
- Do not require break-in time
- Perfect impact protection with a 4mm heel to toe drop
- Not the best grip
- Not suitable for you if you just started running or have poor form
2. Saucony Endorphin Speed Tempo Training Shoes
- SPEEDROLL Technology propels you forward with the...
- Full-length, semi-rigid nylon plate is more...
- PWRRUN PB, A PEBA-based superfoam, is our...
- FORMFIT hugs the foot in 3D comfort and delivers...
- Engineered mesh keeps the upper light and...
The Saucony Endorphin Speed is the shoe to buy when you want speed and to run longer miles in comfort. The running shoe comes with a nylon plate in the midsole for better takeoffs so you can enjoy maximum speed as you run.
Besides the beautiful colorways for both men and women, the Endorphine Speed running shoes offer soft, bouncy comfort. The midsole also comes with a combination of new ultralight PeBax-based PWRRUN PB cushioning, and in addition to the nylon plate, it allows more speed and eliminates fatigue.
The shoes, like most Saucony running shoes, also use the Speedroll technology to propel you forward. With this technology and the nylon plates that also help with speed, these shoes live up to their name.
These Saucony shoes come with synthetic outsoles made with carbon rubber. While this outsole will offer adequate grip on some surfaces, such as track, it will be less helpful if the surface is wet. For the upper, the Saucony Endorphin Speed is designed with narrow feet in mind. However, the mesh FORMFIT upper is flexible and stretchy, so you can also wear the shoes for wider feet.
In addition, the upper is soft and offers a comfortable fit from the heel to the toe box with a lace-up design that locks in your best fit. Additionally, the shoe also comes with a sturdy heel counter that keeps your heel in place. Finally, the shoes are available in different sizes and at an affordable price for the features.
- Ample cushioning to arrest landing impact
- Comes with a flexible and reactive midsole for top speed
- Comes with a FORMFIT breathable mesh upper for maximum comfort
- A sturdy counter and lace-up design to keep your best fit locked in
- Comes at an affordable price compared to either running shoes with a midsole plate
- Available in different sizes and colors for men and women
- Not the best grip for wet and slippery surfaces
- Not easy to run in if you have bad form
3. Saucony Kinvara 12 Trail Running Shoe
- Weight: 6.5 oz (184 g)
- Cushioning: PWRRUN
- Offset: 4 mm (28.5mm / 24.4mm)
- Category: Neutral
From the Saucony Kinvara line, the Saucony Kinvara 12 running shoe is available in sizes and colors for men and women. It comes with the widest toe box from the line and has all the best features for running long miles. Designed for wide feet, these shoes run half a size bigger and require zero break-in time.
These best Saucony running shoes come in a simple lace-up design that favors different running needs, for short runs, long runs, and speed runs. In addition, compared to the Saucony Kinvara 11 running shoe, the Kinvara comes with a PWRRUN foam midsole rather than an EVA midsole.
The sole of the shoe comes with a dovetailed midsole to enhance better aerodynamic lines. And while the sole is firmer than other Saucony running shoes, it gives the feeling of a more competitive shoe while retaining the same responsiveness you have come to expect from this brand.
For the lace-up style upper, the shoes come with the FORMFIT mesh material that is flexible and contours to your foot’s shape. In addition, it is very breathable and features light overlays that improve the shoe’s stability. However, you may find this airy mesh a letdown for cold toes during colder seasons.
The sole comes with a 4mm heel-to-toe drop, allowing for better shock absorption and increased speed when running. It is made with injection-blown rubber on high wear areas for durability as well as traction.
The shoe comes with an aggressive pattern for better grip for the tread, and it features a chevron pattern at the forefoot, which allows flexibility and better shock distribution. However, depending on the surface you run on, you may find the guidance lines on the outsole to pick up gravel and debris, which will decrease the traction for safe running.
As a serious runner looking for better and lightweight alternatives to the Saucony Endorphin running shoe series, the Saucony Kinvara 12 is the best option. It is a high-performance shoe that comes in wide-width sizes for men and women and beautiful colorways to pick from.
- Best Saucony running shoes for wide feet
- Some of the most lightweight running shoes from the brand
- Comes with breathable mesh uppers that feature light overlays for better stability
- Responsive ad flexible midsoles
- Very affordable running shoes
- Available in different colorways
- Big sizes for a narrow fit
- Shoes come with extra-long laces
4. Saucony Triumph 18 Daily Trainer
- FORMFIT acts like a luxurious bucket seat for your...
- New midsole geometries coupled with a new, durable...
- PWRRUN+, the next generation of amazing...
- More springy-cloud feeling
If you need the best Saucony running shoe for long distances, the Saucony triumph 18 is a standard trainer that will provide comfort and excellent energy return, so you experience minimal fatigue. It comes in sizes and colors for men and women and is an affordable option for top-of-the-range features.
The first thing you will love the shoe for straight out of the box is the chiseled PWRRUN+ midsole with a rough dimpled texture. Not only is it great for cloud-like cushioning, but it also makes a statement fashion-wise. In addition, it feels firmer to the touch, which is a testament to shock absorption and durability.
Besides the lively midsole, the shoes come with rubber outsoles with wide grooves that run vertically in the forefoot. Thus, the shoe is great for traction, even on wet surfaces. Also, this Saucony running shoe comes with a luxurious, thick, and plush tongue sewn onto the upper material to keep debris out under the lace-up design.
Additionally, the upper material is an engineered jacquard mesh that does not hurt the eyes. It is soft and breathable, making it a great deal for all-season running. The insides of the shoe also feature a silky material plus thick padding for moisture absorption.
When running for longer distances, you have to consider your pronation and stability. Thus, the best running shoe needs a firm sole and upper structure, featuring parts like a strong heel counter and sturdy overlays to help correct your gait. This best Saucony running shoe comes with an excellent heel counter to keep your fit locked in.
Fo supinators and overpronators, this shoe does not feature strong overlays on the upper material; thus, it may not be the best shoe for you. However, it does come with extra overlays for the toe box area to protect your toes and forefoot from accidents.
- 8mm heel to toe drop for the best stride transition
- Comes with a durable outsole for traction
- Springy midsole for cushioning and shock absorption
- Breathable upper looks and feel luxurious
- Comes in true to fit sizes for men and women
- Available in different colorways
- Not the most durable shoelaces
- The running shoes feel heavy
5. Saucony Endorphin Pro Racing Shoes
- Roll to a new PB: SPEEDROLL Technology propels you...
- Roll to a new PB: SPEEDROLL Technology propels you...
These are the best Saucony running shoes designed for elite runners or those looking to start training for professional races. However, unlike other Saucony running shoes, they do not come in many colorways but are available in different sizes for men and women.
When this shoe was introduced, Saucony first prioritized professional athletes such as Molly Seidel, and it is not until recently that it was availed for purchase by the masses. However, it is the shoe you want for any competitive race as a die-hard Saucony fan.
It comes with the most sophisticated midsole aimed at high performance over marathon distances. It features a full PWRRUN PB midsole that also showcases the elite Speedroll technology. In addition, it also comes with a full-length S-shaped carbon fiber plate to help with speedy strides.
The PWRRUN PB midsole is designed for elite running. It is made with PEBA-based foam with a pellet-like structure that is most responsive, soft, and light. Thus, it can produce the best cushioning without ever feeling like your feet are sinking into the sole.
Besides the midsole, the shoes also come with an outsole that features a layer of thin carbon rubber with a conducive tread pattern for traction and stability when running on wet, slippery surfaces.
The upper comes in a lace-up design for the best fit. In addition, the material is a single-layered engineered mesh that is pliable for comfort. It is also breathable and comes with a toe box bumper and heel laminates for safety.
The soft tongue comes in a gusseted design to protect your feet from shoelace pressure while also keeping debris away. In addition, the ankle collar comes with simple padding for comfort and injury prevention.
- Springy and energetic midsole for maximum speed and cushioning
- Comes in true to fit sizes
- Available for men and women
- Best design for elite runners
- Breathable upper for all-season races
- Easy to wear and lock-in for a consistent, fast race.
- May cause some heel slippage
Tips to Help You Buy the Best Saucony Running Shoes
When buying your best Saucony running shoes, these are the best tips to follow in choosing the most performance-enhancing pair.
- Get your size and pronation measured by a Saucony expert. If you are buying the shoes at another store, make sure to get a professional who can advise you about your perfect running shoes.
- Buy the shoes later in the day, afternoon or evening, when your feet are swollen to their biggest size. Additionally, wear the shoe at the store and sprint some strides to feel them and understand if you need to break them in.
- Ensure a thumbs-width between your longest toe and the end of the shoe. This space will protect you from friction when running downhill.
- Choose the right type of running shoes. When looking for running shoes from Saucony, choose between everyday running shoes for basic exercise, lightweight running shoes for fast workouts when preparing for bigger races, or trail running shoes for running on rocky terrain. Alternatively, you can buy the most sophisticated shoes like the Saucony Endorphin pro for elite races.