If you are looking for a stylish alternative to typical shoes that still deliver durability while matching your fashion sense, buying the best boots for men is a terrific start. Admittedly, looking for the ideal pair can be tasking since they come in numerous designs that cater to specific wear conditions. Still, numerous footwear brands have put a modern spin on boots to make them fit contemporary styles.
Our guide on what you should consider will come in handy if you want to understand the different variations and general aspects to look at. Also, we have covered the best boots for men in different categories to get you started. Hopefully, you will settle on the right style for your wardrobe and the area in which you live.
5 Best Boots for Men
1. Best Work Boots: Timberland 6 Inch Premium Men’s Boots
- CLASSIC STYLE: Rain, slush, or snow, boots are...
- LOOK NO FURTHER for trail-ready performance and...
- TIMBERLAND BOOTS are synonymous with quality...
- WHAT YOU NEED IN THE OUTDOORS: Timberland isn't...
- THE BEST IN OUTDOORS: See how Timberland's line of...
The classic style Timberland Men’s Premium boot is well known for offering superior durability while fitting various fashion choices. The Timberland brand, best known for the quality they put into their product, has not cut any corners when it comes to this shoe.
For starters, the leather upper is made from 100% leather that lasts long, is waterproof and is completely insulated from the elements. Next, the rubber lug outsole offers a reliable grip to ensure you do not slip when working on wet or concrete surfaces. Finally, the Taslan nylon lace inclusion ensures the men’s boots remain securely on your feet.
- The work boot has a durable leather upper.
- Reliable grip thanks to the rubber soles.
- Fits different style choices.
- The work boot offers sufficient protection for your feet if working in difficult conditions.
- They are not the best men’s boots for hiking since they can become waterlogged.
2. Best Winter Boots: UGG Men’s Butte Snow Boot
- By UGG
- UGGpure wool lining
- Vibram outsole with lug tread
- Waterproof construction
- Cold weather rated to -20 degrees celsius
The UGG brand has you covered with their Men’s Butte Snow Boot when it comes to dependable winter boots. The design philosophy of this company boils down to offering unbeatable cold-weather technology to ensure your feet are ready to tackle one of the most trying winter conditions.
The outsole is made exclusively from Vibram, which is superior to rubber when providing traction on icy surfaces. Plus, the sole has a lug pattern that repeats to increase the grip this boot can attain.
For the upper, waterproof leather material and a seam-sealed build ensures your foot remains dry. In addition, the soft suede on some parts of the boot and soft wool on the inside insulate you from the freezing temperatures common in extreme winter.
- The wool lining makes the boot comfortable.
- It is waterproof.
- Vibram sole and lug tread increase grip on the ice.
- The winter boots are adequately insulated to work in temperatures up to -20 degrees.
- You cannot wear this pair of boots all year round.
3. Best Chelsea Boots: Blundstone Unisex’s Dress Series Chelsea Boot
- Anatomically shaped removable footbed
- Steel shank
- Poron xrd shock protection in heel-strike zone
- Tpu outsole and pu midsole for longer wear and...
- Premium leather upper
The Blundstone Unisex Dress Series Chelsea Boot fits any fashion setting, either work or play. The premium 100% leather on the upper complemented by the toe box style and rubber sole gives the shoe a classic look. Plus, the signature slip-on design of the pull tabs accentuates the suave-dressed appeal.
The Blundstone brand brings more than looks to the table as their Dress Series Chelsea Boot offers comfort, support and durability features. The footbed boasts an anatomical shape that matches your foot for extra comfort. Also, these inserts are removable if you want to replace them with custom orthotics.
- The Chelsea boot has shock-absorbing features.
- The outsole is made of TPU and the midsole PU to ensure efficient wear resistance and durability.
- The dress boots have a stylish look that fits any occasion.
- Steel shank and Poron XRD shock absorption increase stability and comfort.
- The Chelsea boots have a limited range of colors.
4. Best Hiking Boots: Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Men's Newton Ridge...
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail...
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus II...
- VERSATILE STYLE: This men's waterproof hiking boot...
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system...
The Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking boot is made with the classic features typical in this shoe category, but with a modern take that improves on the style and quality on offer. Additionally, it delivers on an all-terrain grip regardless of the weather to deliver reliable use as you pile on the miles in this pair.
The rugged Omni-Grip in the rubber sole does not mark indoor surfaces when you walk. Also, this shoe protects the heel and toes using barriers and a reinforced toe overwrap. Plus, the combination of coated leather, suede and mesh for the upper is waterproof to ensure the boots remain dry when worn during wet conditions.
- The boot has a lightweight construction because of the Techlite midsole.
- Excellent cushioning.
- It offers a fantastic grip on different terrains.
- Toe, heel and ankle protection.
- The boot offers numerous stylish options for colors.
- You can wear them for casual occasions.
- Suede, leather and mesh give it a quality look.
- Wide options are available for the boots.
- The boot may start leaking after some time.
5. Best Chukka Boots: Clarks Men’s Bushacre 2 Chukka Boot
- The finish or polish on these boots show marks...
- It has a full grain leather sockliner that...
- Upper material - Suede. Lining material- Leather
- Note: Color shade may vary due to lighting
The Clarks Men’s Bushacre 2 Chukka Boot has an ankle-high shaft that gives it a modern meets classic aesthetic perfect for occasions where you may need to dress up or dress down. Plus, its finish in full-grain leather looks scuffed, which gives this shoe a unique style and character.
It is possible to wear this boot to the office or at a party without you feeling out of place. The leather uppers, synthetic soles, suede and lining materials complete the unmistakable Chukka boot style. Plus, the cushioned insole makes for a comfortable experience when worn.
- Suede, full-grain leather and lining material can complement different styles.
- The boots have a cushioned insole for more comfort.
- Low-heel drop og 0.75 inches for increased comfort when worn for long periods.
- High-quality and long-lasting boot.
- The grip of these boots might not be ideal for rugged terrains.
Things to Consider When Looking for the Best Boots for Men
Once you have figured out your desired type of boot and determined which materials you want, you can call the search over. After all, you need to match your varied wardrobe and find a pair that will not disappoint regardless of the social or work setting you wear them. Below are the most popular styles that will give you a clear picture of what to expect from the boots.
a). Boot Styles
1. Work Boots
Work boots are a staple for men operating on constructions sites, mines and other conditions that require some protective gear. These shoes are characterized by a rugged look illustrated in the tough upper, padded collars for the ankles and beefy soles that won’t let any sharp objects through. In addition, each boot could have a steel toe, deep treads for extra grip and durable materials like leather for the upper.
Some footwear brands have put a luxurious spin on heavy-duty work boots. As a result, the shoes are gaining popularity in white-collar sectors and a fashion statement among the well-dressed rap and hip-hop communities. So whether you are in the corridors of your office or looking to feature in the next and hottest music video, you can rely on a pair of work boots to complete your stylish look.
2. Chelsea Boots
Chelsea boots are popular boot styles worn by men of every age, thanks to their slip-on design and variable sole thickness. Slap on a pair of jeans, khakis or tailoring to show off this footwear at work, the pub, or in casual social settings. Also, a dress-up suit is not out of the question with these shoes.
Although Chelsea boots have recently taken up a more formal fashion niche, you can still get a rugged style to fit your preferences. Finally, you can pick between different materials for the upper to fit the occasion or weather conditions.
3. Hiking Boots
Hiking boots are more at home trekking through the wilderness, overcoming tricky terrain and protecting the wearer’s feet in harsh weather conditions. This pair is lightweight and flexible while simultaneously being sturdy and waterproof. The treads are quite deep and rugged, and the midsole is impressively comfortable to give you the confidence to take on extensive walks in nature.
As with work boots, some shoe brands have added various stylish and functional details in their footwear to take advantage of the modern trend of utilitarian fashion. So, although you may not go into the office with these shoes, you can still put on a pair of jeans and head to casual events. Plus, you can find ones with premium finishes and extra comfort features.
4. Combat Boots
It may not be surprising that combat boots are one of the most durable types of footwear. This shoe has roots as the preferred choice for soldiers in the Roman army. Although they got a revamp and were used by military infantrymen, thanks to their hardened and reinforced leather, you can wear them when out in the town or in casual settings.
You can bet on this pair giving you a few years of service at the least. Additionally, some buyers claim that certain brands look better after accumulating a few knicks and scuffs.
5. Winter Boots
People in the northern latitudes should find footwear specifically designed to handle the slush, slick, black ice, wet ice, chunky ice, packed and fluffy snow. Winter boots are made to keep your feet dry, warm and stable while trekking despite the harsh conditions.
If you reside in an area with more extreme winter, you can consider buying a pair of Mukluks. These are more specialized shoes, originally used by the aboriginal communities living in the Arctic, with knee-high animal skin and soft padding.
6. Brogue Boots
Brogue boots have a humble beginning from the staple of Gaelic farmers who loved them because of their unique style that features perforations on the upper. Back then, these holes were integral to expelling bog water from the inside of the shoes when they were working. Nevertheless, since the Duke of Windsor started wearing these boots back in the 1930s, the smart-casual community soon followed.
These days, brogue boots come with their iconic perforations on the often leather upper. However, the holes are more for fashion rather than function. Plus, the versatility of this pair means you can wear them as dress boots for any formal occasion.
7. Chukka Boots
Chukka boots, made first for the British military in India, were designed by Nathan Clark of the famous Clarks company. These desert boots were crafted with suede and a crepe rubber sole that make them perfect for dealing with the searing heat typical of the summer weather. Plus, they have the versatility and fashion sense necessary to fit different dress outfits all year round.
This boot often has two or three pairs of lace holes. Their soles are quite durable and offer plenty of traction. Finally, the traditional style can come in different colors to fit any wardrobe.
Boots that rely on leather for their upper will eventually match the shape of your feet after you break them in properly. Consequently, the more time you spend having worn them, the more comfortable they will eventually become.
Also, leather uppers in boots denote some water-repellent properties. Admittedly, some leather boots do not last long when exposed to wet conditions, as the dress boots are meant for general use in dry areas. Still, you can find a pair designed to handle the different walking scenarios.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Boots for Men
1. What are the best boots for men?
Buying the best boots for men depends on your intended uses like hiking, combatting winter, working in tricky industrial conditions or hitting the town in some casual wear. Each footwear company has added a unique spin to the different styles ranging from dressed varieties to those designed for specific areas. Thus, go through the considerations outlined above to settle on the ideal boot.
2. How many pairs of boots should you own?
Two or three pairs are often enough to complement your entire wardrobe if you make the right color choices for them. The first should fit a formal setting while another could feel more at home when going to parties. The last one may bring a utilitarian fashion take to your style.