If there is one thing you need to avoid when buying basketball shoes, it is getting the wrong size. Even worse is buying a tight shoe and relying on breaking it in. If you have wide feet, your safest solution is getting the best basketball shoes for wide feet you can get in the market.
In general, the best wide-footbed basketball shoes rely on ample cushioning, enough traction, flexibility, and the perfect fit to positively impact your competitive or casual game. You will also need to find a shoe with a wider last and a stretchy upper to fit your wide feet properly.
This article will discuss five of the best wide basketball shoes that also fulfill other expectations, such as ankle support, toe box protection, shock absorption, and also come with the most fashionable colorway.
1. Adidas Unisex-Adult D Rose 773
- adidas unisex Basketball shoe
- The adidas brand has a long history and...
- Driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation as...
Whenever you want to find the best basketball shoes for wide feet, Adidas is a brand that excels in selling sizes for broader feet. This unisex pair of shoes come in sizes suitable for men and women, not to mention amazing colorways you will shine with on the court.
The shoe comes with a knit upper material that also features fuse overlays on the high-wear areas to improve stability and durability. It is a lace-up shoe to adjust your wide feet easily, and it also features a sturdy heel tab at the back, so the shoe is easier to wear.
Additionally, this shoe comes with bouncy cushioning that allows better shock absorption. However, you could find the protection wanting if you play longer on outdoor basketball courts. That said, this shoe is ideal for stability as it comes with ample lateral, ankle, and arch support.
These shoes come with a wide forefoot, thus best for your wide feet. In addition, it leaves a lot of dead space at the to box area, which, again, could work great for your wide feet. However, if you buy this shoe according to your true size, this dead space could become a bit bothersome when playing.
Like many other good-quality basketball shoes, this Adidas Men’s and women’s Adult D Rose 773 comes with a herringbone traction pattern on a rubber sole. It is great for traction, especially if you are a shifty player on an indoor or outdoor court.
This is a pair of affordable basketball shoes for wide footers. They come in true to fit wide sizes and are availablele in different colors.
- Comes with a herringbone grip
- Upper made with a knit fabric, thus no need for break-in time
- Ideal for players with wide feet
- Available in different colorways
- Comes with bouncy cushioning for impact protection
- Lace-up design to keep your fit locked in
- Comes with an overlay design for stability and durability
- May not offer excellent shock absorption on outdoor courts
2. Nike Lebron Xvii Basketball Shoe for Wide Foot
When you love basketball so much, you can’t fail to notice the presence of one of the greatest basketball layers of all time, Lebron James. He inspires these Nike Zoom Air basketball shoes, and they are a great option for your wider feet.
The shoes come with a rubber outsole featuring an aggressive pattern for amazing traction on the court. In addition, the heel comes with an Air Max bubble plus two Zoom Air pods at the forefoot to offer great impact absorption.
The shoe upper, which comes in a lace-up design, features a Knitposite material that combines Nike’s Flyknit technology with plastic yarns to harden and support your best fit. As a result, the upper feels soft and comfortable on your feet; it is also breathable and will adjust your best fit for wide feet.
For support, the shoes come with soft foam plus a plastic heel counter that improves stability and keeps the shoe locked in. As the best for wide feet, these shoes also come with a wide collar, making them easy to wear and remove.
The Nike Men’s Lebron 17 basketball shoes also come in many beautiful colorways and are also offered with extra lace options to satisfy your fashion needs.
- Ideal basketball shoes for basketball players with wide feet
- Easy to wear and remove
- Uses Nike technology for impact absorption and stability
- Comes with a durable rubber outsole
- Flexible sole and upper
- Lace-up design plus a plastic heel counter for the most comfortable fit
- Available in different colors, including for the laces
- Not ideal for outdoor basketball courts
3. Under Armour Men’s Embiid One Basketball Shoe
- Lightweight textile upper with open-hole mesh for...
- TPU wing provides superior midfoot lockdown &...
- 5/8 construction for added ankle support
- Die-cut EVA sockliner provides underfoot...
- Rubber outsole with unique traction pattern for...
If you have considered taking inspiration from top basketball players when buying your shoes, this new Under Armour model is inspired by NBA player Joel Embiid. It is also one of the best basketball shoes you can find for control, agility, and power.
Traction is the main feature to look for in a basketball shoe besides a good fit. This Emdiid One is designed with a multidirectional lug pattern that offers great grip while you make fast movements on the court. In addition, it is designed onto a rubber outsole, so you know it is flexible and durable.
For cushioning and arresting impact, this shoe features a midsole made with HOVR and Micro G; thus, not only will it provide comfort, it is ideal for responsiveness on energy returns. Additionally, the sole offers a low to the ground feeling that a guard or bigger basketball players will find helpful.
The flexible shoe upper is made of textile materials and an open-hole mesh to guarantee breathability. While it is not made of premium materials like the sole, this upper is still a great solution for wider feet and gets the job done when supporting the foot.
The Under Armour Embiid One is a lightweight shoe for big players and comes in a variety of color options to choose from. However, unlike other shoes on this lift, this model may need some break-in time which could go against your plans to find the ideal basketball sneaker for wide feet.
- Ideal basketball shoe for responsiveness for big players
- Comes with a Micro G midsole to offer the best impact protection
- Breathable and flexible upper
- Features TPU wings on each side for lateral support
- Lightweight and accommodative of wider feet
- Cheap upper construction could wear out fast
- Not suitable for outdoor courts
- May need break-in time
4. Beita High Upper Basketball Shoes
- Mens basketball shoes,Rubber damping sole in net...
- Basketball shoes for men, Breathable textile...
- Durable, wear resistant & and anti-slip material...
- Gifts for teen boys and men, Suitable for...
- Notice! Please pay attention to check the size...
When you need the best basketball shoe that is soft with more than enough cushioning, look no further than this Beita pair. The shoes come with a rubber damping sole with an EVA midsole to arrest impact. In addition, the outsole also features an aggressive lug pattern to offer the needed grip on a basketball court.
For the upper, the shoes are made with a textile material designed for support and breathability. It is a lace-up shoe that safely locks your fit, and it also comes with a molded heel counter to offer better stability. In addition to breathability, this shoe is also wear-resistant and flexible to allow fast movement on an indoor or outdoor court.
The ankle collar is also softly padded to improve comfort and reduce the threat of blisters. These are your ideal basketball shoes for wide feet when your budget is lower. A complete value for your money, the fashionable shoes are true-to-size and come in different colorways to choose from.
- True to fit sizes
- Comes with anti-slip outsoles and a rubber sole for flexibility and durability
- Best budget shoes for wide feet
- Made with a breathable, flexible, and wear-resistant upper
- Padded ankle collar for extra safety and comfort
- Feature a molded heel counter plus a lace-up- design to guarantee the best fit
- Available in different fashionable colors
- Quite heavy for professional games
5. Skechers Performance Men’s Go Torch Basketball Shoe
- High-rebound cushioning with responsive feedback
- Anatomically correct arch support and shock...
- Lightweight breathable mesh for cooling comfort
- Synthetic overlays for seamless feel and added...
- Court-ready grip rubber outsole
This Sketchers performance shoe for basketball is your best buy if you are looking for maximum arch support. It sports an anatomically correct arch support feature on the sole, plus an effective rubber sole that aids flexibility while on the court. In addition, this shoe features an anti-slip tread pattern to keep you grounded.
For the midsole, these wide-width basketball sneakers come with high-rebound cushioning to offer maximum responsiveness. In addition, the uppers are made with breathable synthetic textile and feature synthetic leather overlays for maximum support and stability.
The shoe comes in a lace-up design to lock in your best fit. In addition, the molded heel counter aids in better ankle and foot support. Overall, this pair of basketball shoes come with the extra width you need for your wide foot. It is available in different colors and a true-to-size fit.
- Best wide-width basketball shoes for arch support
- Comes in a lace-up design with sturdy overlays and a molded heel counter for stability and support
- The rubber outsole is durable and flexible
- Features a court-ready outsole pattern for traction
- Relatively affordable
- Breathable mesh uppers
- It is a lightweight shoe
- Does not offer the best ankle support
How to Buy Your Best Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet
When looking for your pair of best basketball shoes for wide feet, it is imperative to consider comfort, your style of play, and flexibility. Thus, the following are the most important features to look for in your shoe.
a) Wide soles
A basketball game includes a lot of running, jumping, and sliding on the court. Since your feet are naturally wide, you likewise need a wider sole than you would find in an ordinary pair. Playing basketball in a shoe with a narrow sole or fit will leave you blistered and, as a result, unable to block the ball or intercept passes.
It is imperative that you find a shoe with a wider footbed so your foot can rest easily without having to compromise other features. In addition to the width, also look for a sole with a bouncy midsole, and preferably, a rubber outsole with a good tread pattern such as the herringbone grip for maximum control and power.
b) Upper materials
One thing you need to avoid when buying shoes to play basketball in is the need to break in; you need to get the size right straight from the box, as breaking in could also leave your feet injured. As such, pay keen attention to the materials making the shoe uppers.
Most wide-width basketball shoes come with breathable fabrics and knits. These are your best materials as they also stretch and are a bit flexible. To get the right upper material, try your shoes at the showroom and take a few steps to feel if the upper hugs your foot comfortably.
c) Right wide size
When it comes to sizing, any basketball player with wide feet can run into some obvious challenges. Unfortunately, most shoe brands do not pay a lot of attention to wide sizes; thus, it is always a gamble buying a shoe that is half a size bigger or removing the sock liner for more space.
While these seem like the only solution, they can also alter the functionality of other features, like heel, arch, and ankle support, or leave you with excess dead space in the toe box area of the shoe. It would be best to get your feet measured at the store, where a professional could advise you on your best size.
d) Lace-up system
You will find it tough to lock in a specific shoe fit when you have wider feet. As such, it will play to your advantage to get a shoe with a lace-up system so you can secure the best fit throughout a game.
In addition to the lace-up design, you can also look for shoes with sturdy overlays and a heel counter to keep a snug fit even at high speed.
e) Impact protection
When you have wider feet, you might also need better protection when landing than players with narrow feet. As such, look for shoes with bouncy midsoles and excellent ankle support to prevent twisting.
Most shoes come with EVA foam, Micro G, or other forms of soft midsole cushioning to guarantee the best performance on indoor or dusty courts.